Adoption of Hybrid Learning Better Than Building More HEIs: AICTE
- On November 28, 2022
As a step towards the Digital Transformation of Higher Education, the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) has recommended that all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) adopt hybrid learning to make them more efficient and future-ready. In this direction, AICTE is all set to conduct a massive hybrid learning workshop to acquaint more than 1,00,000 stakeholders of HEIs. The workshop also seeks to address the challenges of adopting Hybrid Learning/ Teaching, the Employability of students, etc.
Former AICTE Chairman’s Statement
Dr Anil Dattatraya Sahasrabudhe, former chairman of AICTE, said in a recent conference, “Building infrastructure is not only difficult but also expensive and therefore not feasible for many HEIs. Thus, the optimum utilization of existing and easily available resources should be stressed. The best technique from now on is not to build another university or college. Instead, we must embrace Hybrid Learning”, he concluded.
What Exactly is Hybrid Learning?
Hybrid learning is an upcoming educational model where few students attend class in person while others join the class virtually from anywhere. Educators would teach both remote and in-person students at the same time using tools like lecture capture systems, video conferencing hardware and software.
These strategies of hybrid learning work alongside conventional face-to-face methods taught in colleges and universities rather than replacing them outright. Examples of hybrid learning tools include:
- Live Video Conferencing Platforms
- Pre-recorded Lecture Sessions
- Learning Management Systems
- Online Assignments and Projects
- Discussion Forums and Support Groups
What Makes Hybrid Learning Revolutionary?
The advent of Hybrid Learning as an absolute necessity started as a result of the pandemic. However, post-pandemic, many have come to consider hybrid learning as the new staple in education, courtesy of the various undeniable facts observed during that period. Some of these facts are:
- The effectiveness of Hybrid Learning has already encouraged over 90% of countries to adopt digital learning.
- In HEIs that placed hybrid learning into their curriculum, it was also observed that student retention rates increased from 25% to a whopping 60%.
- A survey revealed that 91% of students supported online learning as a supplement to the traditional method. However, there was also a good number of 77% of students in the survey who felt the need to go back to classes to join peers. Thus, suggesting strongly towards adopting a hybrid learning program that incorporates all.
upGrad Campus - Your Launchpad For Hybrid Learning
upGrad Campus strives to transform Indian campuses into future-ready Hybrid Learning Ecosystems. Our turnkey Lecture Capture Solution automatically records audio and video of lectures in the classroom, creating a space to store, manage, and distribute learning resources.
Extending lecture capture technology is our Interactive Blended Classrooms that supports live classes and in-person learning while lectures are being recorded, stored and distributed. So, if you are a part of a Higher Education Institution and looking to transform your college/university into a hybrid learning centre, you can reach out to us at email@example.com or just drop us a message on WhatsApp.